Commercial office Cleaning in Melbourne during COVID-19
COVID-19 is a pandemic affecting everyone worldwide. As the situation continues to change day by day, we at Compaq cleaning are working hard to keep our customers’ premises clean and disinfected to help keep your staff safe.We are re-educating our staff regarding illness prevention measures and ensuring they have the right supplies, products and procedures to give our customers a clean and safe working place.
We find out focal points on areas around your office that are most vulnerable to germs, dirt and grime, while ensuring we are focusing on the best cleaning practices. We are cleaning surfaces using personal protective equipment including disposable gloves, eye protection and appropriate facemasks as they are strongly recommended while cleaning and disinfecting.
While cleaning, our staff has more than one colour of cloth for disinfecting chemicals to wipe all touchpoint surfaces such as countertops, desks, light switches, door handles, railing, etc. We use an outstanding disinfectant chemical along with multiple clean microfibre cloths to swap out throughout the cleaning process. We follow extra precautions to ensure everything is wiped properly and thoroughly to kill any lingering germs and bacteria.
Here are some tips for our customers.Hand washing plays an important role in keeping germs at bay, so we also recommend you wash your hands often and effectively. Using soap and hot water for no less than 30 seconds will help kill any germs on your hands. If you have staff coming to the office, increase the accessibility of disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizers. We recommend keeping both items near all door handles and in the kitchen to allow easy access if and when needed. If possible, encourage flexible seating to ensure there is social distancing. Rearrange the office if needed. We also encourage you to keep disinfectant wipes near everyone’s desk to allow them to clean their work stations throughout the day.
Having trouble keeping your Melbourne Office clean and sparkling? Compaq Cleaning Solutions with 10 years of experience in office cleaning will handle all your concerns. Contact us today and we will have all your office needs sorted out! We look forward hearing from Melbourne Business owners to provide our valuable services to you.
Post Pandemic Cleaning & Changes to Adapt
As this global pandemic begins to slow down a little in Melbourne, and the Melbourne is trying to reopen; a lot has transformed, and honestly, we have no idea what the new “normal” will look like. The Melbourne before COVID-19 felt healthy and safe, but now – it’s there’s a new level of health and safety protocols, in fact, the health and safety of our Melbourne citizens have been amplified to a different level. While this is not a bad thing, it will take some time for everyone to get used to, along with understanding the importance of this. So, what will post-pandemic cleaning look like and what changes do companies need to adapt? We discuss several important ways it will change.
- Weekly Deep Cleaning vs Monthly-:
Weekly cleaning will include the flooring getting vacuumed and mopped, dusting is done throughout the office, the kitchen is sanitized, and windows and surfaces are cleaned. Monthly deep cleaning consists of the weekly items along with wiping the baseboards, vents, walls, ceilings.Going forward, it will be essential to do both deep cleans weekly and monthly. Weekly deep cleaning will help your employees as there will be a reduced amount of dust, bacteria, and irritations floating around, plus, this will be providing them with cleaner air more often.
- Cleaning High traffic Areas Daily-:
This is a very important and one that often gets ignored. Moving forward it will be important that all high traffic areas such as door knobs and handles etc get cleaned and disinfected daily. It will help to kill any bacteria and germs that may be remaining. This will also help kill any illnesses that may be lingering on surfaces.
- Use Green Cleaning Products-:
Cleaning products have never been more important as it is today. It’s great that everyone now adays wants to use the best product, but it’s equally as important to ensure the product you’re using is clean in ingredients, healthy for the environment and for those that are breathing it in. Green cleaning products are the only products the Compaq cleaning office cleaning team use, as we believe in clean ingredients being healthier for everyone. Now, these last two points are more so important for all managers and owners out there. These two points are very important to incorporate into your office for the overall health and safety of your team, and those using your facility.
- Switching to Touchless Appliances-:
Touchless appliances have always been a popular choice as they are hygienic for everyone to use. However, not all offices have these appliances. While we understand there is a cost involved and could be an investment. But we believe this is something worth investing in for long term benefits. Touchless appliances include soap dispensers, faucets, and paper towel dispensers. If you decide to get these appliances installed, we especially recommend incorporating them in the Kitchen and Bathroom.
- Educating your team on the importance of Separating Garbage, Recycling and Organics-:
To us, this is a very important tip as we should all be doing our part to help and protect our environment. It’s important that your facility separates garbage, recycling and organics as they throw items into the bins. Doing so will allow the items to go to their desired places, and get recycled and reused. If your team has a difficult time knowing what items go where simply print out a list and place it near the bins.
The basic principles of cleaning will not change post-pandemic, but the urgency of doing it regularly will. Your experienced team at CompaQ cleaning is here to help you every step of the way. We understand how important it is to have a safe, healthy and clean environment for your team to thrive in. Contact us today and together, we can create a better environment for your team.
Simple steps to improve office hygine
When it comes to an office setting, a countless number of germs and bacteria can boom across a range of surfaces. From the toilet door handle, to the fridge door, and even your office keyboard. Is office often an unclean, unhygienic place? But we can improve office hygiene effectively?
- Create a clean kitchen policy-:
Create company wide policy that requires employees to wash any used dishes and clean up any mess after using the kitchen. This is a good way to prevent food related illnesses from spreading through the office. E.coli and Salmonella are just two of the common types of bacteria found in kitchen benchtops and around kitchen draining areas. By washing dishes and cleaning spills on a regular basis, these bacteria will not have the opportunity to thrive.
- Use anti-bacterial hand gel-:Employers should be providing hand soap for their employees to wash their hands when appropriate. It’s a wise decision to install hand soap dispensers in toilet and kitchen area. By providing anti-bacterial hand gel, you could reduce the number of bacteria ever further. This can stop particularly nasty types of bacteria from spreading from the kitchen or bathroom across your office, and as a result, reduce employee absenteeism and sickness.
- Hire a professional office cleaners-:Finally, to keep your office surfaces spotless, on a regular basis, you could consider hiring a professional office cleaning team, like us here at CompaQ cleaning. We will take care of all cleaning tasks for you in a professional, flexible manner, at a time and regularity that suits you and your business. For more information, why not get in touch today?
Common office cleaning schedule mistakes?
Developing a cleaning plan and routine for your office cleaning is a great way to make sure that your office offers a clean and sanitary working atmosphere for your staff. This should cover all the major areas in a office, and help create thorough cleaning practices. But whether you work with a professional office cleaning team, or you opt to clean in house, there are some office cleaning schedule mistakes you will need to avoid.
- Overlooking some parts of your office-:if you hire a team for professional cleaning, or you decide to tackle the office cleaning yourself, you need to make sure the whole office is cleaned effectively. Most of the businesses focus just on the entrance, toilets and kitchens, ignoring the main spaces in the office. This can lead to employee absenteeism through infected work surfaces, but it can also make your office seem untidy and disorganised.
- Scheduling cleaning for important work days/times-:Although it should go without saying that office cleaning should take place at a time suitable for your company, a lot of businesses forget the monthly video conference on a Wednesday, or the fortnightly investor meeting on a Friday, and include these times as suitable cleaning options. This can lead to additional stress on the day, and even more complications.
For an effective office cleaning schedule, or for more information or advice, get in touch with the team today, here at Compaq cleaning solutions Melbourne.
Importancy of a clean meeting room
Every employer’s goal is keeping a clean and tidy office. Not only does this help give a good first impression, it can also increase workplace efficiency and motivation too. You should pay attention not only Main office area cleaning but also about any working pods, individual offices, meeting rooms and meeting rooms too. So, just how important is a clean meeting room? And what are the advantages of professional conference room cleaning?
- Give a great impression-:A clean Meeting room is a good way to set a good first impression. Because it shows you care about your company, your workplace, and your reputation. This impression will be made as your visitors enter the room, but also throughout the conference, as they are likely to spend some time looking around the room. That’s why a professional, thorough clean, not just a tidy, can be good option.
- Prepared for the unexpected-:While most companies will clean the meeting room before holding a conference, keeping on top of your conference room cleaning can be a better idea. Regular meeting room cleaning means that even if a meeting is called suddenly, your space will be prepared, and you will only need a few minutes to make sure everything is perfect
How quickly can bacteria multiply in your office?
From coughs and colds, to stomach bugs and contagious skin issues, the workplace environment can be a melting pot for a range of different bacteria and viruses. And these can survive on a range of hard and soft surfaces for a fairly lengthy period of time, with C.difficile surviving for up to 5 months! But how quickly can bacteria grow in your office? And in turn, how often does your office need to be cleaned, to keep on top of these potentially dangerous germs?
Kitchen sink, the office desk or the office telephone are some places germs in your office can multiply. This includes E.Coli, Salmonella, Campylobacter and C. difficile. All of which can result in nasty stomach bugs with a range of unpleasant symptoms.
However, viruses like those that cause winter vomiting (norovirus) and cold and flus, actually require a human host to reproduce. So while they can survive on surfaces for a lengthy period of time, no more virus cells can be created at this point. However, when just one person in the office is infected, within just 4 hours, almost 50% of surfaces and co-workers could be carrying the virus, according to one study. This means that while the virus cells cant reproduce effectively, they can spread quickly and easily between your work colleagues.
Depending on the conditions available, most bacteria cells like, individual E. coli cells, are capable of doubling every 20 minutes. So with just one parent cell, you could have more than 1 million bacteria cells in just 7 hours. In the office environment, studies have found that just by missing one day of cleaning a particular surface, the amount of bacteria can increase by more than 30%. And the more that these cells multiply, the more likely it is for your staff to become unfit for work, increasing employee absenteeism.To reduce the risks associated with the bacteria and virus cells in your office, you should hire a regular, professional cleaning team.
Why office fridge cleaning is important?
In every office, there are areas and spaces that typically gather more clutter, and more likely germs, than other office areas. The refrigerator is one such place. From milk and tea and coffee equipment, to packing staff lunches, the office fridge can be a social hot-spot, particularly over lunch and break slots.There are many benefits of the office fridge cleaning regularly, and keeping this space clean and tidy in general.
- Helps to keep your office as fresh-: Any leftover food in the fridge can begin to smell after a short time. Regularly cleaning the fridge, and this kitchen area helps to reduce the amount of food waste, and help to keep your office smelling great.
- Workplace efficiency improve -:An uncleaned fridge that is not well organised is more likely to lead to food related Issues. Such as dropping items or bursting packaging. This can disturb the workplace flow, and lower workplace productivity. As a result, a tidy clean fridge can help to have a positive impact on productivity and workplace efficiency.
- Reducing office illnesses -: Usually all employees sharing the kitchen area, and reaching for the fridge door or handle. Therefore it’s no real surprise that illnesses like noro-viruses and flu’s spread quickly around the workplace. Regular cleaning, including cleaning of all high traffic areas and surfaces, like the fridge can help to reduce these illnesses and keep your business productive.
For more information, or for professional office cleaning, get in touch with the team today, here at CompaQ cleaning in Melbourne.
Office cleaning daily tasks
Daily cleaning your office space can feel like a big task. But if you want a productive, motivated team of staff who rarely have a sick day, keeping the office sanitary, hygienic and clean is important. There are some specific tasks that need to be fulfilled on a daily basis.
- Clean off the top of desks and work surfaces removing rubbish as well as any crockery.
- Empty rubbish and recycling.
- Washing and drying all pots, cups and dishes and putting these away.
- Dust and wipe off all computer monitors and keyboards.
- Cleaning the office phone.
- Cleaning the floor or carpet, including vacuuming and mopping with disinfectant.
- Cleaning and sanitizing the fridge door and handle.
- Sanitizing the office kitchen benchtops, door handles, cupboards.
- Disinfecting toilets and cleaning the floors, surfaces, sinks and doors in the bathroom areas
- Filing away paperwork at the end of each day
Using your employees in cleaning can distract your staff from more productive work-related tasks, and it can even lead to disputes and anger between your team members, as some will inevitably contribute more than others. Hiring a professional office cleaning team, like us here are at Compaq cleaning Melbourne can help to ensure that your office is clean, tidy and hygienic at all times, while your staff can focus on what’s important. For more information or advice, why not get in touch today?